Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Battle continues: Common VS Drake…


I love getting out the wooden spoon and doing a little bit of stirring!

The beef between Common and Drake still continues weeks after Actor/Rapper Common released his album titled “The Dreamer/The Believer” with a track on it called “Sweet” which is aimed at Canadian rapper/singer Drake. With lyrics like:“you soft motherf*ckers, Yeah my man, motherf*cker, Then come around my crib, You know where I’m from, Some hoes ass n*ggas, Singing all around me man, la la la, You aint motherf*ckin Frank Sinatra, Uh, lil bitch” >> Check out the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAo6s94X2sk

Drake spoke out suggesting that Common is just after attention for his upcoming album.  When asked if he is going to respond to common’s “diss” Drake said: “No. Because despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a ‘hip hop moment’ or a ‘battle for the sake of musical integrity’…it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album. More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn’t a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story.”
However since then Drake has responded with indirect lyrics on Rick Ross’s track Stay Schemin”. On the track he says "I just ask that when you see me, you speak up n*gga that’s all, Don’t be ducking like you never wanted nothing. It’s feeling like rap changed, it was a time it was rugged, Back when if a n*gga reached it was for the weapon, nowadays n*gga’s reach just to sell they record." >> Check out the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_10tfbfO94


Is that the end of it? Of course not Common WENT IN on Drake with a remix of “Stay Schemin” even mentioning Drakes name: Everybody know you sweet, what the problem is? Don’t play dumb, I’m the one that acknowledged it, Son of a b*tch, I imagine what your father is! She said, “How you make your opponent, the rapper of the moment?” His style, he don’t own it, Acting all hard when he hardly like that, You gon’ mess around and make me catch a body like that, ooooh, Don’t do it, ‘Cause every song you make Joe is really hoe music, I heard you said you wasn’t a b*tch because you sing, You a b*tch because you cling like a b*tch that’s 18, Can’t say my name but rap about a n*gga’s wife, You so black and white, tryna live a n*gga’s life, I’m taking too long with this amateur guy, You ain’t wet nobody, n*gga, you Canada dry!”


If that wasn’t enough he continues to speak on the track saying: “Soft n*gga, make no mistake, I’m talking to Drake, It’s the remix. Rick Ross, Common, and that hoe ass n*gga, man-to-man, don’t hide behind them other n*ggas, Nah, this man-to-man. You can’t run behind them man, This is some real man sh*t right here!”  Check it out right here >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQMy8iDJQ8A

Will Common & Drake release some more “diss” tracks? Or will this be the end of it? Watch this space….


No comments:

Post a Comment